Visiting Boston - What to See and Do
(Boston Logan International Airport BOS, Massachusetts - MA, USA)
When the early pilgrim settlers arrived in the US in the early 1600s, Boston was one of their early settlements and they were quick to name it after their home town.
These days Boston is much larger than its English counterpart and the charm of this exclusive metropolis is in part due to its rich heritage, elegant waterfront and the commercial and cosmopolitan atmosphere of the city.
Ten things you must do in Boston
- Join the Freedom Trail on one of its tours.
- Take a Boston Duck Tour in an unusual military vehicle.
- Watch the street entertainers at Faneuil Hall Marketplace, have a coffee and spend some time shopping.
- Dine out Italian style in Boston's North End district.
- Visit the Harbor Islands for some fantastic scenery.
- Go and see a Boston Red Sox baseball game and visit the legendary Fenway Park.
- Go whale watching off the coast of New England and appreciate the huge mammals that visit each year.
- Take a visit to the New England Aquarium to see some truly stunning exhibitions including a 200,000-gallon tank full of sharks, barracudas and other ocean predators.
- Have a beer and order a sandwich at the original Cheers Pub on Beacon street.
- Get spooked on a ghost tour of the city and learn out about the Boston Strangler and the dark side of this ghostly city.